In today’s economic uncertainty, business closures and layoffs are increasingly common.
The loss of a job can cause serious stress both personally and financially.
To help you through a disruption in employment, we’ve created the checklist “What Issues Should I Consider I Lose my Job?”
In this checklist, we cover a number of issues to consider when you are facing unemployment including:
- Severance options, if any are offered
- Employer benefits, including continuation of health insurance, sick pay, etc.
- Eligibility for unemployment benefits
- Budget adjustments
- Health insurance options
- Employer-sponsored retirement accounts, stock plans, and other benefits
- Income tax considerations
- Retirement or future employment options